Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Some thanks, some books, and some stuff

Besides the obvious fun I was having here on the blog last month, there were some other nice things that happened slightly "behind the scenes." For example, I got great advice from, and had fun chatting with, my friend Jeremy (and his dad, too). You'll note, if you visit Jeremy's site, that he has some mighty impressive friends, so it's nice to be in that group.

I also learned of and got to read Joy N. Hulme's wonderful book Wild Fibonacci (illustrated by Carol Schwartz). It's full of poems about Fibonacci in nature and well worth checking out.

And, despite a lovely spring break, there was still library duty to attend to. Many books were read since I last updated, but here are just a few of the more recent read-alouds (along with a lot of poetry, natch)....

The Missing Piece -- Shel Silverstein
Wibble Wobble -- Miriam Moss/Joanna Mocklar
House Mouse, Senate Mouse -- Peter W. Barnes, Cheryl Shaw Barnes


And finally, when I began blogging, I never expected to be linked to from the American Mathematical Society site. But such is the wonderful path that Fibbing has taken, and I couldn't be happier about it. Yes, once again, my geeky roots are showing... but even though I'm in Hollywood, I don't plan on dyeing them.

No comments: