Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Poet Talks Back -- a poem about writing/a poem about poetry

THE POET TALKS BACK
by
Gregory K.

You tire of my puns and jokes?
My meter makes you groan?
You think my rhymes are over-ripe?
My wordplay makes you moan?
There’s little I can say except it really could be worse…
I could become a backwards bard and only write inverse.


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Aaargh!
Clever, though!

Greg Pincus said...

I'll take "aaargh"! Far better than silence, I always say....