Friday, April 20, 2007

I've Turned Magnetic -- a science poem

I'VE TURNED MAGNETIC
by
Gregory K.

I wish I could've turned athletic,
But just my luck... I've turned magnetic.
Paper clips fly up to greet me.
Nails, it seems, can't wait to meet me.
I'm sticking to the baby's stroller.
Look at me, I'm so bi-polar.
I make the TV super active.
At least the spoons find me attractive.
The phone's for me? What's that you say?
Why don't I come out to play?
I think I'll have to join you later...
I'm stuck on our refrigerator.


(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff, Greg. I posted about you poetry today over at the Melvin site.

the other Greg

Kelly said...

Very cute, Greg! Stay away from MotherReader's post today. It could be dangerous :)

Nancy said...

Oh, I love this one!

Suzanne said...

thanks for the fun

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks, Greg T. A shout out from Melvin Beederman's site is a superheroic shout out, indeed. And thanks, too, Kelly, Nancy, and Suzanne. It's fun for me that y'all come on by....

Don Tate II said...

Greg, very talented. I couldn't think of a poem to write everyday.

Greg Pincus said...

I betcha could, Don. Or why not do a painting a day like my fellow Angelino Marisa (and many others, too)?

Frankly, some days it's enough to do "cup of coffee a day"....

Anonymous said...

Greg, Very fun. I had a student go wild over fibonacci poems. She used a by the word format instead of syllables but it was all she worte.

sciencejunkies said...

Great poem! If it's alright, I'm going to feature your poem on my kid's science website; sciencejunkies.com along with some magnetic factoids. I will link back to your page. "A little sugar makes the medicine go down better". Keep writing science poems!

Term Papers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quotes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.