Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Don't Like Words -- a homophone poem/homophone poetry

I DON’T LIKE WORDS
by
Gregory K.

I don’t like words.
They don’t make sense.
Words make me upset and tense.
How due eye no witch whirred two ewes
Ore how too right thee won aye chews?
Wile sum mite think words are a bawl,
Eye dew knot care fore words at awl!



This seemed like a good way to end my National Poetry Month poem-a-day run. Obviously, I do like words... most of the time. You can find links to all the April poems over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems". And remember, poetry happens here at GottaBook alllll year long, so it won't be long til I'm back at ya, for better or verse.

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

Tricia said...

Wow! What a great month it's been! I have enjoyed receiving your poems by mail. This was definitely a great way to wrap it up.

Anonymous said...

very clever Mr. Pincus, very clever.

Anonymous said...

Great...as was only to be expected...and thanks..

Sarah Laurenson said...

LOL!!!!!!

I love those things that pass spell check and are still wrong. This is great!

You and Pete (cornerkick.blogspot.com) should get together and discuss writing all these poems.

PJD said...

Sarah pointed me your way and I just read this one (so far). Loved it. She was right in that it's just the kind of wordplay I'd enjoy.

Not sure it'd be the kind of thing you'd want to read at a recital, though. Might lose some impact.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Greg. Congratulations on a stellar month of poetry. I hope you are able to find an outlet for publishing this work - kids, teachers, and parents would be extremely tickled.

Weigh two Gogh!

David LaRochelle

Elaine Magliaro said...

Gregory,

I posted your poem of apology at Wild Rose Reader yesterday (April 29th). Here's the URL:

http://wildrosereader.blogspot.com/2008/04/those-of-you-who-read-my-interview-with.html

Thanks for contributing to the celebration of poetry at Wild Rose Reader this month. Are you relieved that April is almost over?

Rita said...

This might be my favorite of all.

Hooray!

Zantippy Skiphop said...

Love it!!! My brain had to shift gears to put the words together! :D