Thursday, April 03, 2008

Allergic to Homework -- a homework poem/a poem about allergies

ALLERGIC TO HOMEWORK
by
Gregory K.

I said “I’m allergic to homework.
It makes me cough and wheeze.
You send me home with mounds to do,
And I just snuff and sneeze.”

My teachers would never believe me.
“Allergic? We think not.
Maybe see a doc,” they’d laugh,
“And you can get a shot.”

Today my teachers aren’t laughing,
And I don’t mean to gloat,
But they can’t give me homework now:
I’ve got a doctor’s note!


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Love the ending.

Looking forward to a month of Freep poems, thanks for doing this!

Terry P. said...

I love booting up my computer in the morning and reading your daily poem to start the day. Thanks--and pace yourself!

Anonymous said...

I love this one! I am sending it on to the kids.
cousin linda

Greg Pincus said...

Hey, cuz! One never knows who reads this thing!

And Terry... one a day IS pacing myself. I suppose like a marathon there'll be a "heartbreak hill" somewhere, but I love writing and posting poetry, so I think I can make it :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep the poems a' comin'.
I will keep a' goin''.
To your website, readin'
when I should be workin'.

Nina Berry said...

Man, you really know how to get into a kid's head, don't you? Good stuff! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't equal your rhymes, and not all of them will be for kids, but this poetry thing is fun! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!I gotta do a project on this, and this is FUNNY!!!

///////
/ ^ ^ \
/ 0 \
-----------
me as a trapazoid

TELVIN ZHONG

Anonymous said...

this poem is great I might just have to read the rest of them, oh one more thing to say supercalufragulisticexpealidoshus

Anonymous said...

this is an awesome poem you did really good and you really think like a kid

theguildedpage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.