Sunday, April 15, 2007

Always Read the Invitation -- a party poem/an invitation poem

ALWAYS READ THE INVITATION
by
Gregory K.

I’m wearing a gigantic nose.
And silly glasses? Yep, got those.
I’ve even got a squirting rose.
I’m a clown named “Mr. Smarty.”

Now everybody’s watching me
Like I’m the strangest thing they see.
And I don’t know why that should be.
Oh... it’s not a costume party.


(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my poems emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

No comments: