Friday, November 03, 2006

Getting Ready -- A Hockey Poem

Sports poetry keeps on popping up here at GottaBook, in this case with me adding to the world's collection of hockey poems (in Fib form). What can I say? I love sports almost as much as I love food, so expect to see more poems on both topics as time goes on. You have been warned. Happy Poetry Friday (with links collected at Big A little a)....


GETTING READY
by
Gregory K.

Pads.
Glove.
Face mask.
All I ask...
By all that's holy,
Survive my first game as goalie.

(for your procrastinatory pleasure, links to this and other poems here on GottaBook are collected to the right under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world needs more hockey poems.

Anonymous said...

Glad we now have a hockey Fib...Unfortunately, neither of my two hockey-mad grandsons has ever played goalie...and not sure they would appreciate it. Son-in-law a great goalie...but suspect he wouldn't be able to remember, at this point, his first game as goalie..
...sigh...

Anonymous said...

G.
K. ...
Sorry !
My Big Red
too much for your Brown.
Cayuga's hockey far ahead !!

{ ;=) }>===

Nancy said...

Greg, that's a good one!

Becky said...

Perfect timing! The kids went skating yesterday morning for the first time on the new pond, using my boots for the goal posts -- not a problem since I was indoors drinking my coffee and checking through Bloglines.

When they finally came in, I warmed them up with hot chocolate, muffins, and your poem, which had a very receptive audience :) And they -- especially my 7-year-old son -- hope you mean it about more sports poems.

Anonymous said...

ill use this as a prayer

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful poem