Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm Not a Superstitious Guy -- a poem about superstitions

I’M NOT A SUPERSTITIOUS GUY
By
Gregory K.

I’m not a superstitious guy.
I never knock on wood.
A 13 doesn’t frighten me, although some say it should.

I let cats cross in front of me
No matter if they’re black.
Sometimes I walk on sidewalks, and I step on every crack.

No, I’m not superstitious...
Though, there’s one thing, I suppose –
If things go well for me all day, I do not change my clothes.

So now I’ve got a problem:
What I’m wearing clearly reeks,
But things have gone fantastically for twenty-one straight weeks!



I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


1 comment:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Congratulations, Gregory! You have won a children's poetry book from Wild Rose Reader. The book is RIDDLE-ICIOUS, which was written by J. Patrick Lewis & illustrated by Lisa Desimini. Email me your address and I'll send the book to you.