Monday, April 07, 2008

S'mores -- a camping poem/a s'mores poem

S’MORES
By
Gregory K.

The campfire burns. It’s 9:08.
I feel so good cuz I just ate
Two graham crackers, and chocolate, too,
With marshmallow turned to warm, white goo.
A treat indeed, a dripping mess.
A touch of melty joy -- oh yes!
It’s bedtime soon, but I’m not done.
I simply cannot stop at one.
Because, you see, it takes three s’mores
To make a night of happy s’nores.


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Just back from a camping weekend...can you BELIEVE, we didn't have s'mores?!? That will not happen again. Thanks for the reminder and the tasty poem...

Deb

Disco Mermaids said...

Melty joys.

That's my official new name for s'mores. "I think I'm gonna make some M.J.s now!"

- Jay

Anonymous said...

Camping and smores is like peanut butter with jelly. Its like the creme filling in a donut. It simply just has to go together.. But Melty Joys are just perfectly named!

-Kelly

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

This is a fun poem. I knew someone would save me.
My daughter is going to camp in the next few hours.
Sir, I am making a paper smore to send along with the poem. I would like your permission to include your poem, with credit and web link, on my blog.

Thank you,
Krista
www.KristasPaperCafe.com
KristaInMN@gmail.com

Preeti Zanta said...

Amazing work! Want to enhance your online presence and dominate local search results with comprehensive Local SEO Services? #ARM Worldwide specializes in optimizing your website, business listings, and online reputation to drive targeted traffic and increase conversions.

Tranquil Technologies said...

Thanks for sharing this blog