Thursday, March 25, 2010

Announcing the 2010 Edition of 30 Poets/30 Days!

I'm incredibly excited to announce the 2010 edition of 30 Poets/30 Days, a celebration of children's poetry that will take place here at GottaBook throughout National Poetry Month.

(There is now a 2011 edition of 30 Poets/30 Days!)

Every day in April, I'll be posting a previously unpublished poem by a different poet. Here's the alphabetical list of who's going to be here this year:

Francisco X. Alarcón, Kathi Appelt, Jorge Argueta, Brod Bagert, Carmen Bernier-Grand, Calef Brown, Joseph Bruchac, James Carter, Kurt Cyrus, Graham Denton, Ralph Fletcher, David L. Harrison, Georgia Heard, Alan Katz, Bobbi Katz, Arthur A. Levine, George Ella Lyon, Elaine Magliaro, Heidi Mordhorst, Walter Dean Myers, Laura Purdie Salas, Liz Garton Scanlon, Alice Schertle, Charles R. Smith Jr., Eileen Spinelli, Susan Marie Swanson, Charles Waters, Carole Boston Weatherford, Jacqueline Woodson, Tracie Vaughn Zimmer

Did I mention I'm excited? This group has talent like nobody's business, and I'm thrilled and grateful they're here. They're going to give you a fabulous month of poetry, so I do hope you'll hang out and enjoy it.

If you can't visit GottaBook every day, there are a number of other ways you can follow along:

You can subscribe to GottaBook via email or your blog reader.

You can join my poetry list, and get all the poems emailed out the day they hit my blog. Enter your email address below and click subscribe:

And you can join the fun on Twitter. You can follow me there for links to the poems every day (and much more), or follow @30poets30days for purely poetry tweeting.

Also, to check out more of the wonderfulness going on throughout the Kidlitosphere during National Poetry Month by checking out the KidLitosphere Central Poetry Month page. Among other highlights, Tricia has a whole new Poetry Makers series for us (including some overlap with the list above).

A few additional thank yous are in order before I wrap up. First off, to all the poets who participated last year and kicked this event off in style, you have my never-ending gratitude. Thanks, too, to Bonnie Adamson for whipping me up enough logo designs to keep me happy for months and years. And finally, to all my blogging friends and all you blog readers - thanks for the support day after day and year after year. It's truly appreciated.

Once again, I'm really looking forward to April. I hope you'll all come join the fun!

22 comments:

Greg Pincus said...

The eagle-eyed among you might only count 29 names as of this posting. The 30th poet will appear anon! I should also note that folks could get busy and names might change, because this is a project of fun and joy not of stress and deadlines! But I can tell you that based on the poems I already have... there's really no way this won't be fantastic!

On the Shelf said...

May I use the graphics on this page as a part of my library's poetry display/

Bianca Schulze said...

Amazing!

Greg Pincus said...

Yes, indeed, you can use the graphics for a library display (or blog post or classroom or or or). Thanks for asking!

Julie Musil said...

Thanks Greg! Sounds great. My sons will love it (me too, of course)

Rita said...

Ooh, awesome new logo!! And AMAZING new line-up!!!!

Let the poetry begin!!

Doret said...

What a great list of authors. I will be back.

April Halprin Wayland said...

I'm so jazzed! Alice Schertle is among my FAV poets of the entire galaxy...and so many other wonderful poetry gods and goddesses!

So...you now have THREE logos? What's the story behind that?

xxx,
a

Mrs. DeRaps said...

What a great list of poets you have here. I love April!

Unknown said...

What a line up! So glad you do all the leg work to make this happen.

laurasalas said...

I gotta tell you, I feel kind of like the "Which one of these things does not belong?" on this list. But I am beyond thrilled to be on it anyway! :>)

Keith Schoch said...

Looks like a great collection of talent! Bring it on!

Unknown said...

I can't wait. I used the poems last year in my classroom and the students loved them! I am really looking forward to this year's line up!

Stella said...

Can't wait for this fun to begin!

Susan Miles said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks for the comments, y'all. Also, I should note that the list is now a full 30 as I discovered my own error and corrected it so that now y'all get to read the wonderfulness that is Elaine Magliaro's poetry.

Looking forward to the kickoff!

Unknown said...

The suspense is building! Exciting to have so much hoopla about poetry!

Jacqui said...

I am so glad you are doing this again.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I'm looking forward to your April posts too! I've been writing haiku every day in April for several years now and I will be joining the challenge gang again this year. Love this month!

Mrs. Phipps-Soeiro said...

Hi, great site! Would you mind if I borrowed (and of course cited) a couple of your graphics to highlight your site on my school website? THanks!

Unknown said...

I added your link to my sidebar. What a great site!

Douglas Florian said...

To make up for my absence last year here is:

Lint

Want to know
What I think of lint?
Here’s a hint:
It’s not fit to print.

Best, douglas florian