Friday, February 13, 2009

My Febluaries -- a February poem/a blues poem

MY FEBLUARIES
by
Gregory K.

I’m gloomy, gray.
Don’t want to play.
My Febluaries are bad today.

Outdoors, inside --
No place to hide:
These blues I’ve got won’t be denied.

I’ll give a cheer
When March is here
And February’s gone this year.

But ‘til that day
I’m sad to say
My Febluaries are here to stay.


The Poetry Friday links are collected over here at Big A little a today. Why not go check them out?

And if you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


15 comments:

BookChook said...

Made me smile - a Febluary feat indeed!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! It is the perfect word for that feeling.

Debbie Diesen said...

The Febluaries get me every year - thank goodness spring follows!

Thanks for sharing this.

Douglas Florian said...

Fab-luary poem!

david elzey said...

coming down with a cold, febluary isn't just a feeling, it's a whole new way to say it with a stuffy node.

nicely, nicely

Karen Edmisten said...

Great word, great capture.

Yat-Yee said...

How perfect! Februaries have always gotten me down,. Now I have a new word to describe it!

tanita✿davis said...

Ugh -- I don't know why, but I have the WORST Februaries ever this year. Right on the moan-y, as it were.

Julie said...

Send it in to the OED people - it's perfect!

Mary Lee said...

It only takes a day or two of sun to send the Febluaries packing, though! Wishing clear skies ahead for all of you with the blues!

Greg Pincus said...

Oh, look at you Mary, with all your sweetness and light. Take that elsewhere!!!! :-)

Thanks, y'all, for the comments. It's raining here in L.A., and I have run out of dark chocolate. It was a good day to post!

Unknown said...

FUN! Thanks for sharing.

Camille said...

You are such a clever lad.

MotherReader said...

I'm not sure how I missed your poem, but happened upon it today and just had say, in words much shorter than my introduction - TRUE DAT!

Rita said...

I LOVE this, as always. I'm printing this to go up on my door.

i FEEL it, man. Yeah. Yeah.

Dark chocolate is the only defense I know. It doesn't bring light. It's more of a shield.