Thursday, May 04, 2006

"The Annual"

I see that information for the SCBWI 35th Annual Summer Conference is up.

For those who have any interest in becoming a writer/illustrator of children's books, this is really a wonnnnnnderful event. This'll be my fourth year running, and each year I leave exhausted, exhilirated, and sure that NEXT year can't possibly have guests better than what I've just seen. But...

Mo Willems!

Jane Yolen!

And... oh, I can't even possibly link in everyone tremendous. Go click on the link up at the top of this post and see for yourself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some trees are tall
some are small
but almost all
shed their leaves in the fall.
Soak up the sun
Oh! such fun!

Anonymous said...

some
day
someway
I'll go
no money this year
leaves me here outside looking in

I never made it around for your month of fibs but I have to say I saw you everywhere. Great way to get people talking about poetry who otherwise might not. Well done!

Susan Taylor Brown
http://susanwrites.livejournal.com

Chris Barton said...

Russell Freedman? Dang. Dang, dang, dang. I'd already decided not to go, to keep my travel-money-and-days-off powder dry for potential research trips.

I hate having to rethink things...

Disco Mermaids said...

Can't wait to see ya there, Greg. And this year, you ARE dressing up for the afterhours party!

- Jay

Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger
What's the matter!
Gather a moment
Post some comment
Timeless time in creation
In joy awe and fascination.
Pen in hand lyric in the head
That's the creative way some one said.
Now it's your turn
As I jump rush and run
To my daily chore
What a drag,what a bore!

Anonymous said...

Waiting
in vain
for the blitz
by the restless bloggers.
But
I see
it not here
there or any where.

Anonymous said...

This
is a
new poetic form
But
is this
now improved norm!
Or
is it
our ten digits
eager
and searching
for constant chattering
for
no good
at all in
our mindless mall!