Saturday, April 21, 2007

Lice! -- a lice poem

LICE!
by
Gregory K.

Lice.
Lice.
I just don’t like lice.

They lurk in your hair like some small, living rice.
They’re itchy and scratchy – those louse are not nice!

They’re hard to get rid of, like pimples or mice.
They crawl onto others without asking twice.

So if you get louses… excuse me… get lice,
Don’t go off to school or to other folks' hice!



(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

4 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

Nice lice (poem). But . . . eeewwwwww!!!

Greg Pincus said...

Well...uh... yeah. But the blog can use a little eeewwwwwww every now and then!

Anonymous said...

May I use it on my Science Fair? My students will love it!

Greg Pincus said...

Yes, Anonymous, you may. Just give credit...and enjoy the reactions for me!