Friday, April 13, 2007

Diary of a Bad Week -- a school poem/a bad week at school poem/a diary poem

Oooh, a Poetry Friday the 13th, and me without a triskaidekaphobia poem (but check the links Liz has round up today to see if others have one). Bad Greg. Bad. So in keeping with the "bad" theme...


DIARY OF A BAD WEEK
by
Gregory K.


Monday: Failed to pay attention...
After school I had detention.

Tuesday: Said things I lamented...
Apologized but was detented.

Wednesday: Won school stairway race!
After school, the same old place.

Thursday: Pulled a classic trick...
Faked an illness; stayed home sick.

Friday: Food fight! Man, what fun!
From the school watched setting sun.

Weekend: This just makes me cry...
I’ve been grounded. Don’t know why.



(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a coffee spit-take with "detented"! And yet, I say "thank you!" Enjoying April on your blog.

DG

topangamaria said...

What a lovely new word of the day to learn, and phobia appropriate too.

Gentle Reader said...

I nearly did a coffee spit with "detented", too! Very funny! Loving all the poems this month, and all year round...

Anonymous said...

I had been hoping to see some paraskevidekatriaphobia, GK...sigh

Greg Pincus said...

Gesundheit, MC.

Besides, given the day, I was too afraid to even mention that phobia!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Gregory,

Are you sure you didn't mean to type d-e-m-e-n-t-e-d? I'm not really trying to imply anything, ya know!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the good 'ol days, Greg. I remember them well.

Greg T.

Nancy said...

"Detented" was wonderful, and the poem is too!

Rita said...

Hilarious. I love this!!

Keep 'em comin', Greg. It should be Poetry Month all year long!

Saipan Writer said...

I agree with all. This poem is charming. So young and silly, and with detented, fresh!