Friday, April 11, 2008

The Answer is a Waffle -- a breakfast poem

THE ANSWER IS A WAFFLE
by
Gregory K.

What’s my favorite breakfast food?
That’s easy to decide.
It’s eggs cooked over easy with some bacon on the side.

Although, it might be cereal.
Or maybe jam and toast.
Actually, it’s cream of wheat that I enjoy most.

Or maybe, come to think of it,
It’s bagels with some lox.
Or maybe pancakes. No, it’s fruit, cut up in bite size blocks.

Or wait a second. Let me think:
A restaurant buffet!
Or maybe it’s, well, I don’t know...
I guess I just can’t say.


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems". And it's Poetry Friday today, so head on over to A Wrung Sponge for all this week's offerings (including sonnets!).

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this and I love waffles, and I still love the s'more poem from a few days ago. I can't wait until summer.

Kelly said...

Love this one, Greg! But it's made me hungry: Time for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

I'm passing this one on to my little waffle lover :)

Nina Berry said...

Mmmm. Waffles. And breakfast. I think you took this poem out of my head! Very nice.

tanita✿davis said...

Hah! I'm a breakfast food freak, so this one is especially dear to my heart! Can't decide which is my favorite, either. Maybe waffles...

Rita said...

I love when titles pack a different punch at the end than they did at the beginning. Very nice!! :D

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Reading this early Sat. morning before I ate breakfast... you are chasing me away from the computer! gotta eat.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm i think that my favvvv breakfast is eggs with bacon on the side i love all your poems even though iam only 12 turning 13 and i have told all my friends about it they love it to