Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day Baby -- a Leap Day poem/a birthday poem

LEAP DAY BABY
by
Gregory K.

My father never acts his age.
My mother says that's great.
See, Dad's a leap day baby and today he's turning eight!


Now go leap on over to the Poetry Friday roundup hosted by the uber-wonderful Kelly Fineman and get a bonus helping of poetry in February. You'll be glad you did... and it's probably the only time I'll ask you to leap. So c'mon already. LEAP!

If you want to get all my poems emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

7 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

I love this! My cousin turns five today. :)

Karen Edmisten said...

Cute! We all seem focused on February ... or rather, on leaping past it.

laurasalas said...

Love this, Greg. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

My grandfather used to tell us about his uncle, who died when he was 14 but had a wife and 5 children. Your poem brought it back for me - thank you for that gift!

mary said...

Love it Greg! This is a DOUBLE good year for leap year babies turning Sweet 16....its also their Sgt. Pepper Birthday..."Will you still need me, will you still feed me, When i'm sixty-four."

Rita said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

jewoebLove it!
We need lots more silliness in this world.
You've performed a much needed service for mankind!
Gillian Foster