Friday, May 16, 2008

My Superhero Band-aid -- a band-aid poem/a bandaid poem/a boo-boo poem

MY SUPERHERO BAND-AID
By
Gregory K.

My superhero band-aid
Takes all my pain away --
I put it on a cut I got when I went out to play.

My superhero band-aid
Is barely hanging on….
I’ve worn it 18 days, but still, it’s why the pain is gone!


It's a Poetry Friday poem dedicated to all the parents who've tried to peel off a band-aid TOO EARLY! The Two Writing Teachers are on the poetry roundup today. Check it out here.

And if you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! I just went through this with an Elmo band-aid! You gave voice to exactly the struggle we went through...though ours had fewer words and more tantrum-y tears! Also, there was no cut or scrape in my house, just the sincere desire of a toddler to keep Elmo on his body at all times...

tanita✿davis said...

Mom never let us have printed band-aids at home, so I only got those at school, and BOY did I want to hang onto them!

Andrea -- Just One More Book!! Podcast said...

Good one! Now we need one about the super heroine bandaid that cures the problem the minute the wrappers hit the floor. Our girls insist on bandaids for the tiniest injuries but happily pull them off and discard them almost immediately. I'm pretty sure the super-powers are disabled if the wrappers go in the garbage.

Lady Roar said...

Hey I like your poem it made me think of how I felt as a kid. Anyways I was just stopping by checking out other's poetry and thought's on things it helps me write if you would could you check mine out to :). I promise to read everyday for your poems are filed with joyous things.
http://poeticdeception.blogspot.com
The one and only animal of poems. :)

Rita said...

This poem is great!! :D