Friday, July 18, 2008

I Want to Build a Snowman -- a snowman poem/a summer poem

I WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN
by
Gregory K.

I want to build a snowman
With arms that reach so high.
I’d use a carrot for his nose,
Green peppers for each eye.

I want to build a snowman
With icicles for teeth.
I’d put him in a floppy hat
And add a wig beneath.

I want to build a snowman,
But my dream seems out of reach.
You see, today’s July 18th,
And I’m here at the beach!


Happy summer and happy Poetry Friday, too. Kelly is on the roundup this week. Go on. Check it out.

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


6 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

...with the weather we've had here, the likelihood is that I could build a snowman. Or possibly something out of mud...

:)Happy Summer!

jama said...

I needed to think some cool thoughts today . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm a teacher and I'd like to display your poem (along with your name, of course) on a bulletin board for January. Do I have your permission to do this?

Greg Pincus said...

Indeed, anonymous teacher, you do! Thanks for asking....

Berryb said...

I love poems and on ocasion wtite some myself I would like to use your poem on my site. With Credit of course. Also would you like a link back to your blog or site?

let me know.

Berry Burchett

Greg Pincus said...

Berryb - you should email me and explain how you want to use the poem on your site... and what your site is! My email info is in my profile.