Saturday, April 19, 2008

Testing My Nerves -- a poem about nerves/a math test poem

TESTING MY NERVES
By
Gregory K.

Shake.
Quake.
Dry mouth.
Sweaty hands.
Can’t relax, can’t rest --
It must be time for my math test.

Yep, that's another Fib (this one fitting in for both National Poetry Month and Math Awareness Month).

I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Ah, poor kid. The joy of NEVER having to take another math test ever AGAIN!!! -- still hasn't paled...

Anonymous said...

Se
Um
E um
São dois
Isto pode ser
Exemplo de um poema FIB

Antónia Silva (Porto-Portugal)

Unknown said...

It's cool that you wrote for National Poetry Month; I found out about your Fib poem through Brewer's blog. I have written and shared a few to my blog. I wrote a mirrored Fib.

I
found
a guy
who was smart
because I wanted
a partner for life, not just now.
Laughter and honesty are great
but one day talking
will be all
we
have.

You can see my post about it here. https://failingathaiku.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/pad-challenge-day-5/