Thursday, May 18, 2006

Procrastination....

A writer pal of mine scoffed at my comment from yesterday that "cleaning my desk" was a euphemism for procrastination. He maintains that cleaning ones desk is both necessary AND something that should be done AT LEAST once a day. Nothing procrastinatorial about it, says he.

I'm curious if anyone else has practiced techniques of procrastination that they use when writing. You know, other than stopping to check the e-mail. Or make coffee. Or "review the outline."

Oh... or blog.

I'm sure I've got more, but I gotta book: my desk is a mess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sudoku.
Crosswords.
Sudoku.

Anonymous said...

my friends in college could always tell when i had a big paper due.


my room was clean!

crys said...

I "organize." The files on my computer...sections of my website...placement of books on shelves in my apartment...

It's not exactly cleaning, but it certainly serves the same basic purpose. :)

Oh, yeah...and I go through my notebooks and get rid of the pages I've written on but no longer need. And occasionally I go through my pens, testing them and tossing the ones that have dried up for one reason or another.

Very important tasks, these.