Saturday, April 29, 2006

Poem of the Day: Belly Button Blues

BELLY BUTTON BLUES
by
Gregory K.

My belly center’s really bare:
My belly button isn’t there!
I got no innie, got no outie.
Every day it makes me pouty.

I wouldn’t mind a belly snap,
A zipper, hook, or belly flap.
Still, most of all, I’d like a button,
But sad to say, friend, I got nuttin’.


(For the month of April, I had decided to post a Poem of the Day, and I'm continuing that right alongside Fibbery. For those feeling Fibbish, please look to the right of the blog for some links handily collected under the headline "The Fibs." Also, you can look to the post right below this one for some of the latest news and thoughts of Fibbishness or scroll down the blog to find mounds of Fibbish joy lurking in posts and comments. Enjoy!)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA this goes to a good friend, Bailey