Monday, April 27, 2009

Kenn Nesbitt - My Chicken's On The Internet

My Chicken's On the Internet
by
Kenn Nesbitt

My chicken's on the Internet.
She surfs the web all day.
I've tried to stop her browsing
but, so far, there's just no way.

She jumps up on the mouse
and then she flaps around like mad
to click on every hyperlink
and every pop-up ad.

She plays all sorts of chicken games.
She messages her folks.
She watches chicken videos
and forwards chicken jokes.

She writes a blog for chickens
and she uploads chicken pics.
She visits chicken chat rooms
where she clucks about her chicks.

I wouldn't mind so much
except my keyboard's now a wreck.
She hasn't learned to type yet;
she can only hunt and peck.

© 2009 Kenn Nesbitt. All rights reserved.


Kenn Nesbitt writes funny, funny poetry and has a funny, funny website. Of course part of what makes Kenn funny, funny is that he's also a very good, good poet. Kenn can turn a phrase, build to a punchline, capture images, and make a point all while making it look easy. Plus, I think he knows and gets his audience like very few others.

Even as he's been busy with the launch of his new book, My Hippo has the Hiccups (which has been getting faboo reviews, by the way!), Kenn has been a big help to me here, and I want to thank him for that again. That was just a bonus, however, because I knew from the start that I wanted a poem from him as part of 30 Poets/30 Days. I'm happy to have his poem up and running today... but I think you all better go back up your data, because there's a chicken loose on the net!

Yesterday gave us Joan Bransfield Graham's I am the Poem. Tomorrow... How to Read a Poem Aloud by April Halrpin Wayland!

13 comments:

BookChook said...

Love poems that make me grin - thanks Kenn and Greg.

Sometimes it seems to me the greatest poems are those that make it all look so deceptively simple!

tanita✿davis said...

Hah! This reminds me of Click, Clack, Moo! Hilarious!

Kate Coombs said...

What a great last line! And Greg, you've thoroughly destroyed my month of May. It looms ahead, a barren wasteland of children's poems... :)

joyce said...

I agree with Kate . . . May will be so dreary without a daily dose of poetry. And thanks, Ken, for a belly laugh first thing in the morning!

Anonymous said...

This month of posts has been so great, with your poems! I will be sorry to see it end!

Anonymous said...

I knew this poem was going to be good when I heard the title!!!
Outstanding work, once again, from Master Nesbitt!
Donna Lee

Kelly Polark said...

Kenn Nesbitt is hilarious! Love his poetry, this one's a hoot!

Sarah Stevenson said...

Great punch line!

Anonymous said...

I did not see "hunt and peck" coming, and it made me laugh in the way that makes all the patrons look at me, wondering what I am doing.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Love this one! Thanks for the smile :^)

Amber @ BecauseBabiesGrowUp.com said...

This one is great! My 2 year old already knows all about blogs, podcasts, emails, Twitter and many other things Internet-related! I can't wait to share this with her.

K-Sue said...

My daughter and I just loved this! As soon as I saw the title, I could not read it fast enough. And Tanita, I thought immediately of "Click, Clack, Moo."

Anonymous said...

Hahaha fuck you