Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day -- a mother's day poem

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
by
Gregory K.

I made my mom a giant card
With letters three feet tall
(I couldn’t find the paper
So I used the playroom wall).
Then I made her breakfast –
Trix and jam rolled up in bread!
I think she would’ve liked it,
But I spilled it on her bed.
Our neighbor grows great roses,
So I filled our biggest vase.
I wish you could’ve seen it –
What a look on Mommy’s face!
Our cuckoo clock chirped six A.M.
I said I’d go and play.
Then I told my mom I loved her…
And she said I’d made her day.


(for your procrastinatory pleasure, links to this and other poems here on GottaBook are collected to the right under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great !

Anonymous said...

Awww... How fun!

Anonymous said...

Great poem Greg! I think you might appreciate Lois Lowry's All About Sam...in it he makes a wonderful perfume from all of his mom's favorite smells--collected in a jar, and saved. The combined smells only a mother could love. Fun chapter book to read aloud btw!

Anonymous said...

wonderful poem greg

Lisa Yee said...

Love the poem!!!

Rita said...

Really fun. :D

dgreetings said...

Nice poem. I think we should keep posting such lovable stuff for our Moms while Mother's Day is around.

Julie said...

Hmmmmm....Trix and jam rolled up in bread.....sounds good. Thanks for the poem, Greg!