Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What in the World Got Into the Cat -- a cat poem

WHAT IN THE WORLD GOT INTO THE CAT
by
Gregory K.

What in the world got into the cat?
Was it something he ate? Can you answer me that?
He polished our silver.
He vacuumed the house.
He chased our poor dog, and he danced with a mouse.
He did all my homework.
He mended Dad's shirt.
He made us lasagna and pie for dessert.
We went to the movies while he baby-sat...
So, what in the world got into the cat?



(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my poems emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun poem, Greg.

If that cat does windows, please send it over to my house, can use the help (which includes spell check).

Cat Herself said...

Absolutely delightful. Would be even better illustrated by someone witty - perhaps Lane Smith?

Vivian Mahoney said...

This is fun! I want that cat!

Anonymous said...

That poem was purrfect.

Did you know there are a bunch of poets using April as NaPoWriMo, writing a poem a day during April? Here's a link: http://www.shannacompton.com/2007/04/poem-tk.html

Unknown said...

I love this one! I could just imagine it as a picture book. My cats don't cook or vacuum! What am I doing wrong?

Greg Pincus said...

Sheila and Adrienne -- I think you're just not asking the cats correctly. Much as I'm sure your cats stop and sit with you whenever you ask, it's all about tone of voice. And really don't underestimate the pets. You should see what the dog does around here!