Friday, August 25, 2006

A Pluto Poem

I have been remiss in participating or even noting Poetry Friday of late.

So today, I present...


THE PLANETARY WEEK IN REVIEW
by Gregory K.

Poor Pluto.
Got the boot-o.



(For some more Poetry Friday fun check out Jen Robinson's blog or Liz's links at A Chair, A Fireplace and A Tea Cozy.)

For your procrastinatory pleasure, links to this and other poems here on GottaBook are collected to the right under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


9 comments:

Nancy said...

Is that your original work??? It's FAB-U-LOUS!

Thanks for the laugh.

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks, Nancy. You got here before I added my name on the poem, but yes... it's mine. As Fibs show... sometimes I like brevity!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I think it's a real gift to be able to say something funny, and do it in only a few words. I think that this ability bodes well for the success of your coming books.

I added this poem to my poetry round-up for the week. Thanks!

Nancy said...

Poor
old
Pluto
forced to morph
into just a dwarf.
Got the boot, no? Si, Finuto.


(tried desperately to reach my Italian buddies but had to go with the above on faith)

Greg Pincus said...

Ho, Nancy! Nice Fibbing!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Mary Lee said...

I give your Pluto Poem the Ogden Nash Award! I'm sure he would approve.

Rita said...

This poem rocks! :D

or dwarf rocks.

:P
r

Anonymous said...

what is up with that???? i think that it is HORRIBLE!!!! there is no point to it and everybody knows that pluto is a dwarf plant

NO DUH!!!!!!