Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Dog is Quite the Dancer -- a poem about dancing/a dance poem

MY DOG IS QUITE THE DANCER
By
Gregory K.

My dog is quite the dancer.
His salsa is a sight!
He does ballet
Throughout the day.
I hear him tap all night.

His rumba moves are perfect.
He’s learning to fandango.
His swim and twist
Should not be missed.
I love to watch him tango.

He jives and does the two step.
He’s king of modern dance.
He’d hit the town
To disco down
If I’d give him the chance.

His cha-cha is enchanting.
His waltz is mighty fine.
Sometimes he gets
The neighbors’ pets
Into a conga line.

People often ask me,
“How can he dance like that?”
His secret? Well…
I guess I’ll tell:
He learned it from my cat!


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


3 comments:

Paintings: Portraits and PleinAir - Suzanne Gibson said...

hmmm... you must know my FAVORITE picture book... Giraffes Can't Dance... Thanks for making me think of that this morning!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be sorry to see your poem a day go - it's been so much fun - you are so creative and they are so enjoyable! Thanks so much Greg and congrats on the Balloon poem.
Angela

Greg Pincus said...

You're welcome, Suzanne. I aim to please :-)

And thanks, Angela! I have so much fun writing and posting 'em, but no question it's also nice to know folks enjoy reading 'em, toooooo.