Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Balloon -- a balloon poem

MY BALLOON
By
Gregory K.


“Why, oh why, oh why, oh why????
Oh, please come back!” I moan and sigh.
I jumped but you had gone too high.
Now you’re flying in the sky.
I think I’m really gonna cry….
Goodbye, my poor balloon. Goodbye.


(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey

i love this poem
because i am doing a portfolio of Balloon Poems & it is just wat i was lookin for

Great work
Thanks .......

Cal said...

I would like to share your poem in a news letter for amusement with a support group I am active in... credits and email address will be attached. permission granted?

Greg Pincus said...

Hi, Cal -- if you email me (email is in my profile) we can figure it out. It should work out fine, but I do like to know exactly what type of group newsletter I'm gonna be in before I say yes!

Anonymous said...

this is a great poem. I was looking for something to go with the book "Where Do Balloons Go? by jamie lee curtis and your poem fits perfectly!(you should read the book. i'm serious when i say its perfect!!!!!!

Rita said...

I LOVE IT!!
Elegaic in its elastic lyricisity

xatstilo said...

I published your poem here:
http://windsflow.blogspot.com/

Thank you,

xatstilo