Saturday, April 26, 2008

Constant Companions -- a vision poem/a poem about seeing

CONSTANT COMPANIONS
by
Gregory K.

Everywhere I’ve gone today
I’ve seen the same three things:
A greenish toad, a yellow bee,
A kite with seven strings.

I saw them as I walked downstairs
Then at my breakfast table.
My Mom and Dad ignored them all.
I tried but wasn’t able.

Then I saw them in my school.
They came to all my classes.
Wait a second! Check this out!
They’re painted on my glasses.


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


3 comments:

Rita said...

Mysterious and funny. How do you think of these things!

I like the three items! :D

David LaRochelle said...

I love to be surprised, and you did it, Greg!

David LaRochelle

Greg Pincus said...

Speaking of surprises... you are no longer anonymous and pictureless! Now everyone can see what an award-winning (and tall) author looks like!

Thanks for the comments, both of y'all....