Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Friend Eileen -- a friendship poem and a food poem

MY FRIEND EILEEN
by
Gregory K.

My friend Eileen is made of food.
She’s always fresh and never chewed.
When we go walking down the street,
I think we shock the folks we meet.
Yes, lots of people stop and stare
And say “my word, that’s broccoli hair!”
It sits atop her apple head
With cherry eyes, so deep and red.
Her legs are herbs that grow in rows
She walks around on tater toes.
Her arms are crackers, great to munch.
She’d give you any part for lunch.
There’s nothing she won’t do for you --
Eileen is great... and tasty, too!

(I'm posting an original poem-a-day through April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and there are lots of others, because poetry is NOT just for April) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".)

If you want to get all my poems emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gregory your poem for your friend Eileen is just wonderful!"broccoli hair!" That's so funny! No wonder she has a great friend in you!

Anonymous said...

Dear,Friend
you'r my friend and that is true,
but the gift was given from me to you.
we went thru moments that were good and bad,
even moments that were happy and sad.
you suported me when i was in tears,..............
Pkeas Visit for More.......
Here is alot of Poems
http://desidirectory.com/desi-indian-Poems/Default.asp