Friday, August 04, 2006

Oddaptation: Hop on Pop

Ahhh, how does one Oddapt a classic book full of... well... full of lots of words? If you check the Oddaptation links to the right, you'll see that everything else I've posted so far has been a book with at least a modicum of plot. But the good Dr. throws a curve with this perennial. Still, I think I found a few key elements of the book -- both "plot" and style -- and added the needed point of view to make this seem like an Oddaptation to me. And since it's my word... heck, yeah! As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions for other candidates....


HOP ON POP
by Dr. Seuss
Oddaptation by Gregory K.

TOT GOT
What book’s tot got?

NOT PLOT
There’s not a plot.

USED BRUISED
Pop’s used and bruised.

Hey, this Pop is not amused!

SO SLOW
This book’s so slow.

OH WOE
More rhymes to go.

BUM NUMB
My bum’s gone numb!

Read it again? Go ask your mum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I could not have said it any better.

Jim