Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Books From Where? -- a poem about books/a library poem

BOOKS FROM WHERE?
by
Gregory K.

This book says the world is flat.
That book says a wolf’s a cat.
That book says a peach is bread.
This book says that green is red.
This book says we drink the air.
That book says a baseball’s square.
That book says the ocean’s dry.
This book says that boys don’t cry.

These books are great, don’t you agree?
I got them from the Liebrary.


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month, and I thought this one had a nice April Fools kinda touch to it to get things started. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the Boomtown Rats once said, "don't believe what you read".

A good start -- looking forward to the next 29!

jon

Elaine Magliaro said...

Gregory,

Happy First Day of National Poetry Month! I'm looking to reading all your poetry postings in April--and that's no lie!

Anonymous said...

Now that's funny! Looking forward to the rest of the month....

Suzanne said...

love it

Anonymous said...

A poem a day...I applaud your resolve, Mr. P, and I look forward to reading what comes the rest of the month!

David LaRochelle

Rita said...

HA!

I shout with laughter!