Saturday, April 08, 2006

Speaking Fibberish

I've been reading Fibs around the web following links from my own post here and clicking on a few folks who left fibs in the comments on my own blog, and I must say it's unbelievably gratifying to see hundreds and hundreds of folks WRITING POETRY. Okay, sure, it's a somewhat odd form of poetry, but it's truly a blast to see.


More!
More!
Tell Fibs.
Let them live.
Let poetry thrive.
Though feel free to have coffee first.


A particular tip o' the Gottacap to folks on blogger and livejournal who have linked here and helped Fibbery spread. I hope everyone continues Fibbing long after Poetry Month is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More!
More!
You say??
Twice I've tried..
Once forgot the 3;
Next went straight from the 3 to 8!
In short, I owe you 8.. .and here's 5 more as bonus!

Let me count those once more...yep...1.1.2.3.5.8..and as indicated, a penalty plus bonus line of 13 !!..And did you notice... an unrequired rhyme thrown in within the 8 line (straight....8)...

A truly heroic effort, GK.....You may compliment me! All for National Poetry Month!

Anonymous said...

No
Thing.
In the
Beginning
There was a Number,
And the Number was minus one.

***

One
Neo
Defeats
Whole army
Of agent Smith clones -
Whoa! I bet you could not do that.

***

In the next fib the number 8 is hidden but it is there.

End
Is
Geek's goal,
However
The girls need it too.

o0o
O