Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Poem of the Day: Hold My Breath

HOLD MY BREATH
by
Gregory K.

On Monday at the swimming pool,
I acted like a total fool.
“Hold my breath? No way!” I cried.
Then little Joe came to my side.
“I’ll hold it for you,” Joe did say.
So I gave him my breath... and he ran away!
Now I can’t speak or sneeze or cough.
I can’t blow the fluff of a dandelion off.
I can’t call Mom or Dad or you.
There’s really nothing I can do.
So if you see Joe somewhere, somehow
Tell him I want my breath back NOW.


If you want to get all my poems emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

2 comments:

Reepicheep said...

THAT is awesome. I think I just might bring your poetry to my class as an example of a 21st century poet. Do you mind?

I
like
your fib
idea as well
how many people
can I tell? Perhaps ten will do?
If so, then consider my duty complete to you!

Those are just to much fun... I just wasted about 20 minutes trying to compose three others, but I'll be nice and leave you short post. :)

Greg Pincus said...

Sure you can! And don't be shy about posting the Fibs. The record I've seen on the blog is 14 Fibs in one comment, so post away.