Thursday, April 16, 2020

Calef Brown - Dream

Dream

I was seated at a table
on the candlelit terrace
of an atelier in Paris
having dessert food and wine
with Gertrude Stein.
When the clock struck nine
we went to stroll the avenue.
I said I had some questions,
and asked if she would field a few.
This is what was said to me
to culminate the interview:
“I like the feeling of words
doing as they want to do
and as they need to do”.

© Calef Brown 2020. All rights reserved.



The imagination of Calef Brown is something to behold - sometimes the words, sometimes his art, sometimes how they both mix. For all I know, this is also true in the kitchen or on the basketball court or elsewhere, too, but at least I get to appreciate the art/words combo when I check out his books (which, if you don't know them, I urge you to correct that ASAP).

No comments: