Friday, May 01, 2020

30 Poets/One Day


April was a great poetry month here at Gottabook (I say with bias but also factually). How great? Here's what showed up during 30 Poets/30 Days:

Douglas Florian - Bigfoot
April Halprin Wayland - Tender
Charles Waters - Watery Blue Ceiling
Carmen T. Bernier-Grand - La Alancia
David L. Harrison - Toothy Grin (Kit Fox)
Adam Rex - 47
Jane Yolen - Escaping Bonn
Charles Ghigna - Be Still
Kenn Nesbitt - Dizzy Dottie's Dog Salon
Liz Garton Scanlon - Look Around
Bob Raczka - Squirrel
Ellen Hopkins - Country Kids Exist on Their Own Planet
Lee Bennett Hopkins - Spring
Rebecca Kai Dotlich - Missing
Linda Sue Park - School Days: Spring 2020
Calef Brown - Dream
Marilyn Singer - Natural Disasters
Ann Whitford Paul - Too Big For Bear
Janet Wong - Look for Birds
Julie Larios - What Did I See?
Brod Bagert - When I'm Old & Gray
Kristine O'Connell George - Seagull Comments
Kathi Appelt - Quarantine
Nancy Bo Flood - Go Fish
Darren Sardelli - Our Teacher Was the Greatest
Georgia Heard - A Quivering of Wings
Ed DeCaria - Another school dream (this time with a spider)
Bruce Balan - The Poem I Would Write
Nikki Grimes - Unvarnished Healing
Greg Pincus - Still

Yup. A great month. Again, I thank all the poets, Bonnie Adamson for the logos, and all of you for reading along (and for comments, emails, and tweets too!). This was the sixth edition of 30 Poets/30 Days, with a multi-year gap between the fifth and this one. Will there be a seventh? It's too early to say... but I do know we always need poetry wherever we can find it.

(Speaking of which... it's Poetry Friday once again, and you can find the roundup of all participating bloggers over at Elizabeth Steinglass's Poetry for Children and Their Grownups. There's a new roundup weekly, so you can find poetry when you need it.)

I have no idea what blogging will happen here moving forward, but it was fun to dust this place off. Until the next time... onward!


8 comments:

Liz Steinglass said...

What a month! Thank you for sharing so many wonderful poets and poems. I hope you and your family are well.

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

I didn't get to commenting much (er, at all), but I enjoyed reading many of these poems in my inbox this month. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

How I became a happy woman again
With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like,Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis,Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

Alessia Martine said...

HBO Go offers a variety of shows and unlimited engaging content for its audience. You can view your favorite shows, comedy content, and original movies and shows. Additionally, you can view sports events, documentaries and listen to your favorite music on the video streaming service. You can watch and enjoy HBO Go content through its app on your mobile devices, digital media players, video game consoles, smart television, etc. To enjoy its engaging content and your favorite shows, you need to get an HBO subscription and set up your account on it. Activate HBO Go and HBO Now at secure.hulu.com/activate.
Visit Other Sites:
roku.com/link
www.amazon.com/code
youtube.com/activate hbonow.com/tvcode

The Reel N Realtor said...

Are you looking for property consultant ? We have best property advisors who deals in sale n purchase of houses and apartments. We have large network in south Florida.Homes For Sale Lake Worth FL

BYABAG said...

Thanks for Sharing This Article.It is very so much valuable content. I hope these Commenting lists will help to my website
fendi replica
fendi replica bags

Discount Drift said...

"Your blog consistently delivers relevant and timely content. It's clear that you put a lot of effort into your research, and it doesn't go unnoticed. Great job!"
busy baby mat coupons

Coupons Studio said...

"Your blog is like a knowledge buffet, offering a diverse array of topics served with excellence. It's evident that you put a lot of thought into curating content that both educates and entertains. Thank you for the intellectual feast!"
davannis coupons