Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Friend Michelle -- a friendship poem/a cartoon poem/a poem about a friend

MY FRIEND MICHELLE
by
Gregory K.

My friend Michelle is made of ink.
Her skin is green. Her teeth are pink.
Her right eye’s blue, her left’s maroon.
Yes, she’s a real, live girl cartoon.
When we go walking down the street,
I think we shock the folks we meet.
She always gets so much attention
Since she’s missing one dimension.
“I’m not so flat,” she likes to say,
“Although I know I’m drawn that way.”
Her friendship could not be replaced.
I hope she’ll never be erased.
While some folks keep their joy sedated,
Not Michelle, she’s animated.


I'm posting an original poem each day in April in celebration of National Poetry Month. Links to this and other poems here on GottaBook (and I post all year round, because poetry is NOT just for April!) are collected over on the right of the blog under the headline "The Poems".

If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


4 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, my goodness, I adore this poem. "I'm not so flat! I'm just drawn that way!!" You're killing me!!!!

Great, great, great!!!

Saipan Writer said...

I agree--this poem has charm!

Anonymous said...

Most excellent and fun!
Angela Russell

nooriana said...

yes.. so charmy
I like it