Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekending....

In odd bits of time for the past week or two, I've been frantically sneaking books, trying to keep ahead of the school kids I've been librianing for. There are holes in my reading knowledge above the picture book arena (and in it, too. I'm only human!), and I feel like I have a summer reading list like so many kids. This week, with jury duty looming, I've been trying to think what book(s) would be best/most amusing/worst to carry into the room as attorneys decide if I'm to be selected. Certain books would likely help gain me a seat on the jury. But I imagine if I brought in Everybody Poops and kept laughing hysterically.... Well, it's a fun game to play. But the truth is, I'll simply bring my yellow pad and get some work done.

BTW, for all the latest goings on at the ALA Convention in New Orleans (or if you just want to be amused), head on over to the always entertaining Fuse #8 for on-the-spot reportage (like her post today on suitcase clogging swag). Gooooood stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

_Fantastic_ link Greg. Thanks. That, and Susan Taylor Brown's will keep me in blog reading heaven.

Hope you get lots done while waiting to see if you end up a juror. Although I would love to be a fly on the wall if you decide to go with option one, or maybe I should say fly on the...eeeoooo, never mind.

Greg Pincus said...

Yes, Susan Taylor Brown's blog is another great read. Find it at susanwrites.livejournal (etc) or just clickie right here!

The Buried Editor said...

Of course, if instead of just a simple yellow pad you brought a notebook decorated with Hello Kitty stickers or almost illegible doodles that parody great illustrators, that would turn some heads. But I'm not sure if that would actually get you out of being a juror . . .

Greg Pincus said...

As it stands, 1) I didn't need to report today so this topic is still open for later in the week and 2) I have no plans to avoid jury duty. Timing wise, it's not likely to fall better for me, and a civic duty is a civic duty. Plus I always loved 12 Angry Men....

BTW, who said my yellow pad wasn't decorated with Hello Kitty stickers anyway????