Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It is better to curse a candle...

I dunno. I didn't feel that "spirit of writing" any more than I did before lighting the so-called magick candle. I'm feeling like I wish I had my $3.50 back.

But on a happier front, tomorrow I get my first shift back as volunteer librarian to the stars (where the stars are the kids, of course). It's kinda embarrassing how much I'm looking forward to it. Of course, I am well aware how much writing inspiration I'll gain after a whomping-good readaloud. Yup, way better than any stinky, purple, faux-grapish, unmagical candle.

Though it sure woulda been swell if it had worked.

2 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Here's to a successful readaloud with plenty of whomp!

- Jay

SilberBook-Blog said...

I dunno. Seems like the candle worked just great. It's perceived "failure" adds the kindling to the kidlings. Makes you feel and appreciate their glow even more.

Have a blast!

alan