Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Branding?

Now, I'm a HUGE believer in branding, and even from my brief forays out in the publishing world, I can see the importance of authors branding themselves. I'm sure I'll blab about that a lot in the future, but I was thinking today about how much TV includes brand name merchandise featured in it as part of the entertainment. You know, cars featured in TV series and the camera lovingly holds on the car's logo. And from that, I started thinking... what if that gets into mainstream children's literature in the same way? You know, something like...

"Where's papa going with that Craftsman Ever-Sharp Ax?"

Or...

"Would you, could you in a new Nissan Maxima?"

The mind reels. Though I admit if I could get a picture book sponsored....

Hey, what rhymes with Starbucks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks...gets ..... :-)