Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Top Five Reasons to Fib

What?
Five
Not ten?
But of course:
Five’s a fib number.
(Besides, ten is a lot of work!)


A few FOGs (Friends of GottaBook) e-mailed saying a Top Ten list was a good way to popularize Fibbery. Hmmm. I can find no statistical evidence that their claim is true, but it sounded like a fun idea, anyway. But 10 was too many for me alone, so I encourage folks to send me more reasons and, if needed, I'll update. With no further ado....


THE TOP FIVE REASONS TO FIB

5. It’s National Poetry Month AND Math Awareness Month. Fibs = one stop shopping.

4. You’re not procrastinating when you’re writing poetry.

3. Writing Fibs qualifies you for geek status!

2. Stop the outsourcing of short poetic glory to Japan and that Haiku thing of theirs.

1. You can tell people “I’ve been Fibbing all day” and feel good about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

6. It helps you say things that really matter to you better than Bill O'Reilly

long
i
trod through
neocon fog
until a burning Bush
in a parched landscape of false hopes
did downdraft swift winds of democracy long Delay'd

Anonymous said...

Here are my contributions to the literature of Fibbery:

Oh
Great
Idea
From a dream
Why did you end up
Being nothing but gibberish

A
Book
I wrote
Dies unread
In a cold slush pile
Beneath other paper corpses

I
Think
A Fib
And Fibber
When rhyming Fibbish
Should be called a Rib and Ribber


Dan

Greg Pincus said...

Excellent Fibbing here.

Dan, I particularly like your number 2, and suspect there are quite a few visitors here who will relate.

Yewtree said...

As V for Vendetta put it: "Politicians use the truth to tell lies; artists use lies to tell the truth." So clearly a Fib must be a high art-form....