Monday, April 24, 2006

Fib your way to victory!

I've been surprised at many of the places Fibs and articles have popped up recently, but here's one that's no surprise: a Fibbing contest at WhatIs.com. Well, I should note I was surpised when asked, but as you can see by my smiling face at the link, today's announcement of the contest was not out of the blue.

Amazingly, to me, this joins the (gratuitously relinked!!!!) Style Invitational, the send your fibs box at the Toronto Star, and The Knitting Curmudgeon's contest (the first I know of, but sadly... you've missed the deadline). Great fun.

I'm pleased to see some the sports Fibs in the comments of the post directly below this. Do check 'em out, and feel free to leave your own Fibs there, here, or elsewhere on the blog. As before, on the right side of the blog, you'll see links under "The Fibs" that will bring you to much of the Fibbery in these parts, or you can just scroll down and poke around. For now work calls, so I gotta book. Fib on!

3 comments:

~Tim said...

Great fun! I sent the link to the math and English teachers at my school last week and wrote about it in my blog tonight.

Anonymous said...

Here's one that just wasn't good enough for me to enter over at WhatIs:

down
time
coffee
on keyboard
didn’t want to build
anymore spreadsheets, anyway

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks, wigmore! Duly submitted.