Thursday, April 20, 2006

Fibs and Facts

Hope you all had a Fibulous day. No, I have no idea what that means, but I've been wanting to write "Fibulous" for some time. As for me, today I learned various places where Fibonacci poems would fall in the Dewey Decimal system. More on this below.

Rather than just a run down on Fib stuff tonight, I thought I'd deal with the fact that I was "memed" by MotherReader. In general I'm not a fan of meming or tagging, so I won't pass it on (though, hey, feel free to take it and run with it), but since she was an early Fibber and she's funny as all get out, well... what the heck. So Six Strange Things/Facts/Habits About Me.

1) I didn't get my driver's license until I was 21... and I learned to drive at the Sears Driving School. Yes, that Sears.

2) I actually knew most of the Dewey codes in the above link because of my months as a volunteer librarian. Maybe that isn't odd to you librarians out there, but it's odd as can be to me.

3) I have used spondylolisthesis, Moises Alou, and Schenectady in verse... and rhymed with two of them.

4) I worked retail with Drew Barrymore.

5) When I was 13 and a disk jockey/all-around-helper-outer at a radio station, I took a call one winter day from our school district's superintendent cancelling school. (And oh yeah... I got to announce the news)

6) Spunky Rice Grog is an anagram of my name.


And now that that's done... if you're here for the Fibs, you'll note a collection of links to the right (under "The Fibs") that'll take you to places where Fibbing is flying here on the blog. Or you can just scroll down and look around, as I keep leaving more pages available so all Fibbing is accounted for. As always, I hope you'll leave a Fib in the comments here or elsewhere. Fib on!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help!
I
need help.
Addicted.
Fibs are on my brain.
Need 12 steps. Ack! 12 not a Fib.

Anonymous said...

Click.
Click.
Signal
To turn right
Left on for two miles.
Will get driver's license next time.

Cat Herself said...

As a librarian I was naturally attracted to the Dewey site and laughed uproariously. Then I realized it was serious. Laughing anew.

Dew
E
Dewey
Decimal
Classifications
Ordering, numbering all things

Anonymous said...

Fib.
Fibs.
Fibby.
Fibbery.
Fibulous fibbing.
Feelin' Fibonacci fever?

Anonymous said...

Mail.
(snail.)
Real words.
Bet you could
Open a letter
In the time it takes to read this.

Anonymous said...

A
Good
Memory
Will serve one nothing
Unless one aspires something.