Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Fib a day...

Today, the New York Times Fib article appeared on the CNET site. You don't have to click in, as it's just another version of the same article... but I love how this article began in the Arts section of the Times and is now on the CNET News section. Really. I do love that. I hope that shows how Fibs can cut across all sorts of lines and prove fun for all. I admit I'm surprised I haven't seen more sports related Fibs, but maybe as baseball season picks up?

I'm totally wiped out after a weekend full of stuff, so I'm gonna leave you tonight with a reminder that good Fibbish links are over to the right on the blog under "The Fibs," or you can simply scroll down, as I plan to keep all of April's posts on the main blog page throughout National Poetry Month/Math Awareness Month. There are Fibs in the comments all over the blog, and they're well worth checking out. I'll be updating in the morning, I hope, but until (and after!) then, I hope folks will feel free to add Fibs in the comments here or elsewhere.

7 comments:

Christian Roy, aka Leroy said...

Since you're talking about sports... I wrote one last week, here it is:

Hot-dog

One
Two
Three Strikes
Take your base
Intentional walk
A high fly ball deep to right field
It's up, up and away, Strawberry hits the roof, damn

That relates the time I was at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal and Daaaaaaaaaarryl hit the Big-O's roof... while I was buying a hot-dog!

K

http://lkm696.blogspot.com/2006/04/hot-dog.html

Anonymous said...

Here's another sports one (written by my UK sweetie, Doug Pugh):

The Manager's Lament

Kicks
On
The grass
Are always
Preferable to
Kicks in the ass that losses bring

And here's one of mine (non-sports related, of course!) from Canada:

tick
tock
quiver
watch and wait
but don't forget, now
time's a dangerous thing to waste

Anonymous said...

cop. scares. us to death. although we stay alive. proceed with an electrifying. display of a power trip while i rest in urine.
by: k la

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg --
Have you seen http://www.textism.com/bucket/fib.html? Sorry if I am repeating something you have already shared.
A (non-baseball) sports fib for you . . .

Puck
Ice
Slashing
Penalty
The box is lonely.
Two minutes are up soon enough.

p.s. I am not very happy with your introducing me to babble!

Anonymous said...

too
many
words today
stop asking for more
let my paper breath a little

Anonymous said...

Greg,

I've had another hockey fib percolating (or taking up valuable brain space, depending on how you look at it) since this morning. It has finally hatched.

He
shoots . . .
He scoooooooooooores!
The puck glides
through the goalie's legs.
He skates around in victory.


xo
vbd

Anonymous said...

Can I post self-criticism?? Upon a second reading, I realized that proper English would dictate that I use "between" rather than "through." But that would mess up the syllable count. Hmmm. An imperfect fib is better than no fib at all?
vbd