Monday, April 10, 2006

Busy weekend, and that's no Fib.

What a great time I had this weekend checking out Fibs around the Web. What a hoot! And folks are still writing them today. What I continue to love most about this is that Fibs have crossed language barriers and appeal to people from all walks of life. It's a blast.

Rather than link all the threads (though I did link a smattering of them here, I only wanted to point out two newer links today.

First off, Clive Thompson at his blog Collision Detection did a fascinating analysis of the Fib and variants. He points out that the first number in the Fibonacci sequence is zero, and how that means that the first true line of every Fib is silence. Truly a poetic idea. Read it all here.

Then on a much more personal note, I was tickled to be linked to this morning by a Hungarian site devoted to technology/science/math and the like. Please note that if you click that link, you'll see only Hungarian. What pleases me is that my maternal grandparents were both Hungarian, and my grandfather was a mathematician/engineer. Were either of them still alive, they'd be thrilled beyond words... but as it stands, I'll just have to be thrilled on their behalf.

1 comment:

Chris Barton said...

This story just keeps getting better and better.

I'm already looking forward to your April 2007 unveiling of the Xeno.