Saturday, March 28, 2009

A 30 Poets/30 Days welcome to...

... all the folks getting here to GottaBook via the Choice Literacy newsletter! I'm glad you've come to see what we're up to here in April... and I hope you come join us (and keep spreading the word, too).

One of the great things for me about this whole project has been that as I've surfed the web looking for places I thought might be interested in what we're doing here, I've ended up discovering so many great informative and entertaining sites. I've certainly spent more time reading online and emailing people links than I have anything else during the last few weeks! Go figure.

It's only four more days until 30 Poets/30 Days kicks off, and guess what? I'm excited... and looking forward to seeing you all next month!

3 comments:

Dana Leeds said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm sorry I didn't leave one on yours first!

I really did enjoy browsing through your blog yesterday. I enjoyed reading your poems and can't wait to share them with my daughter. And, like I said, poetry isn't something I've really been interested in(sorry!), so I'm hoping this will be a springboard for both my daughter and myself!

Thanks for putting together these poems for National Poetry Month.

Dana

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for putting this together! My boys and I are huge fans of Prelutsky poetry and are anxious to find new poets to love. We'll be stopping by here often in April!
One thing I often encourage as an art lesson extension is to write a poem about the art you created or about the artist or period that inspired it.
April is going to be fun!

Jacquie said...

Hello!

I found my way here via the podcast Just One More Book. I am a lover of children's books and poetry (especially haiku). I was excited to learn that April is poetry month. FYI, here is a link to one of my blog posts on haiku: http://wildink.wordpress.com/2008/11/03/wet-coast-crow-haiku/

Best wishes!