Friday, July 20, 2007

A poetry Friday Potter Fib

What better today than to tip the old (sorting?) hat to Pottermania and Poetrymania by writing something silly and not really poetic but definitely in Fib form so it can serve as my Poetry Friday entry (with this week's links handily rounded up by NYC Teacher.). I call this...


THE HARRY POTTER, BOOK SEVEN RELEASE FIB

What????
Wow.
Tonight?
No kidding.
First I've heard of it.
Wonder why they kept it secret...?


Wishing you all a happy Poetry Friday and a Potter-y Saturday (cuz in case you haven't heard, there's a new book coming out realllll soon).

3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

...unless you are these people.

John Mutford said...

Now that's cheeky!

Greg Pincus said...

Ahh, wasn't meant as cheeky. I looooove that folks are so excited about a book... that there's a "magic moment" that a community shares... that folks are inspired. I don't find any of this overkill, really. I find it fun. Last year, I went to a Potter event at the local Barnes and Noble, and it was like being at a rock concert cum book group. Just a blast.

Although I am admittedly amused by the idea that someone might not've heard about the book coming out....