Monday, July 30, 2007

Kidlit Drink Night at the SCBWI Conference

So, many ideas and locations were bandied about, but the reality is that choices are pretty darn limited in the area since most of y'all won't have cars. So, for all you kidlit bloggers coming to LA for the SCBWI Conference, let's meet...

Friday, August 3rd at 9PM on the patio outside the lobby bar area.

Look for me and the divine Disco Mermaids, and then just come on over and chat about blogging, kids books, the weather, the Conference, Barry Bonds, the bond market, and... oh, heck, we don't care! Just come on by and meet your bloggin' cohorts.


I know there are other groups meeting Friday night, but all I've heard of are meeting earlier. But if not, well, come on by later. You know we'll still be there.

Feel free to leave a comment here so we know to look for you at what I shall now dub the first annual kidlitosphere drink night at the SCBWI Summer Conference (FAKDN@SSC!).

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm there! Thanks for picking a time/place. See you in the poetry class Friday morning--

Laura

Lisa Yee said...

I've got a couple other things going on Friday night, but I'll ty to stop by!

Anonymous said...

I will be there, for sure. And I'm looking forward to it!!

Greg Pincus said...

Yay, Laura and Kelly. And Lisa... well... it's not OUR fault you're so darn popular!

Hope you can make it by....

rilla jaggia said...

Sounds like a winner...Hope to see you there ;)

Sara said...

Perfect. I'll be there. Thanks for herding us cats. :)

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

If I'm still standing (have dinner with a cousin and two other "get togethers") - I'll be there!
:)
e
dulemba.com

Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

See you all there! I'm so excited to meet all the bloggers!

Kim (otherwise known as kidlit_kim on LJ)

Emily Jiang said...

Hi Greg - I met you briefly last year when you spoke at Lisa Yee's blog talk. I'm carpooling, but if my carpool allows, I will be there Friday night!

Rita said...

I'm in! And looking forward to meeting everyone face to face!

Anonymous said...

hey greg--i'll be there--but isn't that the silver moon night? oh well--can't wait!

*heidi
(seaheidi)

Disco Mermaids said...

FAKDN@SSC!

FAKDN@SSC!

FAKDN@SSC!

(And no, the Silvery Moon thing is the next night.)

FAKDN@SSC!

FAKDN@SSC!

Anonymous said...

oh, thanks mermaids for clearing that one up! don't want to overbook my parties for the night. =9

can't wait.

*heidi

seaheidi.livejournal.com

maryecronin said...

Greg, That sounds fun. I look forward to meeting you.... any fan of the Proclaimers is a friend of mine!

--Mary Cronin

maryecronin.livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

Are lurkers welcome too? I could just stand near you all and hide behind a plant to keep the dynamic the same.

Jenn

Anna M. Lewis said...

Glad I saw this! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Anna (aka got art)
annamlewis.livejournal.com

Sarah Stevenson said...

I'll try to stop by!

Greg Pincus said...

Good to know so many folks will be gathering. And Jenn... I love the idea of you lurking, but I bet if you say "hi" we can convince you to start yakking....

Anonymous said...

I've got a dinner date but will try to come by afterwards if it's not gotten too late. And I really, I mean really, want to meet you all!!!

Wendie O said...

Oh heck, I'm reading this on Saturday and just found out about it. Hope to see you sometime this weekend

-wendieO