Sunday, December 24, 2006

'Twas the blog before Christmas....

I know, I know -- that title makes you think I'm gonna do some parody/variation on the classic Christmas poem. But not this year, sorry to say. Instead, I wish to share with you an article that a longtime FoG (that's friend of GottaBook) sent my way. Some of you may have seen it already, but for me, it was a great holiday (or ANY day) gift:

Saying Yes to Mess

(if the above link no longer works, try this one here.)

For those too busy to click on the above, I share this excerpt:

Studies are piling up that show that messy desks are the vivid signatures of people with creative, limber minds (who reap higher salaries than those with neat “office landscapes”) and that messy closet owners are probably better parents and nicer and cooler than their tidier counterparts.


I don't just say "yes." I say "yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!"

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my. Just that excerpt is enough to fill my heart with joy. There is hope for me yet.

Nancy said...

Merry Merry Happy Happy Etc by the way! Your blog is so much fun to visit. Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

You have just given me the best Christmas gift!

SilberBook-Blog said...

Validation feels soooo good!

thanks

alan

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much that article helped me just as I was getting down down down about this crazy mess. Thanks for the link and a little bit of hope.
-MotherReader

Don Tate II said...

I would post a pic of my desk, but I'm too embarrassed. I'm getting alot done, though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me a whole new perspective on my messiness. I'll carry it with me through the New Year.

Renee said...

This is a popular idea right now. Have you seen the book "A Perfect Mess?" Two researchers (I think) have written a book about this very subject. It's not a bad read, at least to make yourself feel better for a while. ( Here's my review)

Charlotte Welcher said...

Baltasar Gracian - The great art of giving consists in this: the gift should cost very little and yet be greatly coveted, so that it may be the more highly appreciated.Nice Comment Keep it up.