Sunday, December 17, 2006

'Tis the season...

... for holiday parties, end of school parties, b-day parties, and parties just because there's time to have one last party before the end of the year. Today's task involves making a salad to feed 30. That's a lot of leafy greens....

On the upside of all this seasonal stuff, I've now read How the Grinch Stole Christmas enough this year that I'm officially off book, so if any of you need a reader, let me know. Oh yeah, and we stocked our new shelves at the library and now are thiiiiis close to the room functioning the way it did last year, before the move. Perhaps over the school's vacation, unless I spend all my time reading the Grinch.


Some other recent library readalouds:

Hooway for Wodney Wat -- Helen Lester; illustrated by Lynn M.Munsinger
Froggy Gets Dressed -- Jonathan London; illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz
The Snowy Day -- Ezra Jack Keats
Wild About Books -- Judy Sierra; illustrated by Marc Brown
Shrek -- William Steig
Everybody Needs a Rock -- Byrd Baylor; illustrated by Peter Parnall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be reading The Snowy Day next week in second grade. I have to read them the original Shrek sometime. I think they will be so confused.

Last week we read Sadie and the Snowman. Very cute.