Monday, February 08, 2010

Books and Flicks

I know there must be some of you here who don't read Betsy Bird, aka Fuse #8's blog, so I want to shoo you all over there, as she has started to count down the Top 100 Chapter Books of All Time (at least based on her poll results). This promises to be a great series of posts.

And then... I just gotta ask... what are you all thinking about the upcoming Percy Jackson/Lightning Thief movie?

My first reaction when I saw the trailer was that those aren't 12 year olds. But beyond that, well, I know I'm gonna go see it. And y'all?

5 comments:

Amy Kraft said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm only just now getting around to reading Percy Jackson in anticipation of the movie. So far so good, so I plan on checking it out.

Don't you just adore Fuse #8?

tanita✿davis said...

Normally I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE all YA novel adaptations.

BUT:

SFF really lends itself to movie form, when it comes to action flicks. And come on: Greek gods and goddesses? I'm going to see it. I may regret this, but I'm going...

Anonymous said...

I am SO going to see The Lightning Thief movie. Sean Bean as Zeus? Kevin McKidd as Poseidon? To say nothing of the rest of the gods in the cast.

Oh. And I loved the books, of course. So it's not only about all that eye candy!

Greg Pincus said...

I agree that SFF lends itself well, maybe because it tends to be visual? Also, action-y stories tend to lend themselves well to film. I'm not sure what to make of the trailer, frankly - seems less about the kids and more about the action, but nothing made me say "stay away!" Although, Kelly, the casting is not a big draw for me :-)

Anonymous said...

I resisted the siren song of The Lightning Thief until I saw the movie trailer. That was when I was like, "I have GOT to read that book." It seems to have had the same impact on the kids. We have about ten copies of each book in the series at WPL, and they are all currently checked out. Got to love that. And now that I've read the book and have seen more trailers, it still looks like a movie worth watching.